Parkway Co-op Community Support Fund
Purpose of the Program
The Community Support Fund is designed to provide larger one-time donations to local registered charities, non-profit organizations and community groups that rely on fundraising in order to operate their programs, complete their projects or improve their facilities, programs and/or services. Up to $20,000 will be available to groups who provide a necessary service that improves the quality of life within our communities.
• Application period is January 1 – March 31 annually for amounts of $1,000 to $10,000
• Deadline to apply is March 31 annually at 5:00 pm. Applications submitted after this will not be eligible for consideration
• Applications must be accompanied by a letter or documentation outlining the mission and goals of your organization and the project, including other local organizational contributions, projected costs, materials involved, and what merchandise or material will be purchased at Parkway Co-op for the project. Include how it aligns with Parkway Co-op’s values and how it will benefit the local community
• Applications are reviewed and the recipients will be chosen at the discretion of Parkway Co-op
• Funds will not be released until confirmation has been provided that the project has sufficient overall funding and that the project will indeed proceed
• Recipients must provide a report to Parkway Co-op on the success of the program, how the funds were used and the impact the funds had on the program. This report shall be provided within three months of completion of the program or project
• Preference will be given to community groups, registered non-profits, community associations or local registered charities
• Consideration will be given, but not limited, to local groups that support social needs, senior, youth, housing, food and medical needs within our communities
• The applicant group must provide a service to its community that improves quality of life
The following programs/groups are ineligible to apply
• Federal, provincial, or municipal government agencies and school boards
• Profit based organizations
• Projects or programs outside of Parkway Co-op trading area
• Groups that could have an adverse social or environmental impact
• Third-party fundraising campaigns
How to Apply
Application forms can be downloaded below.
Once downloaded, it can be completed digitally or print and complete. Incomplete forms will not be considered.
Completed application forms, along with any supporting documents may be submitted to the Parkway Co-op Administration Office.
Applications will be reviewed in April and the recipients will be notified thereafter. Recipients will be announced publicly once all successful recipients have been notified.