COVID-19 case at Parkway Co-op
January 10th, 2022
Our Co-op is providing essential goods during the COVID-19 pandemic, while working to protect the health and safety of our members, our customers, and our employees.
We’ve learned that two employees working at our Roblin Food Store Location and one employee at our Agro/Admin Location are possible confirmed COVID-19 cases.
To protect our community, we’ve taken the following actions:
• Ensuring Team Members and customers are wearing masks while in our locations.
• Promoting physical distancing.
• Continue maintaining high standards of cleaning at all our Parkway Co-op locations. Additional cleaning and sanitizing of any site or facility where possible confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been identified.
• Keeping our Team Members updated with guidance from public health authorities and what it means for each of us: Employees will stay home if they are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and seek guidance from Manitoba Public Health.
• Our priority remains supplying our community while keeping our Team Members, customers, and communities safe and healthy.
We understand the impacts of COVID-19, which is why we want to be transparent and disclose broad details about the confirmed cases while ensuring the confidentiality of our team.
We appreciate the work being done by all our employees in serving the communities of Roblin, Rossburn and Grandview and we’re working to support them as we make our way through this pandemic together. That’s why when any of our employees are feeling unwell or showing symptoms, they are directed to self-isolate at home. We will continue to inform our members and customers of any positive cases by updating the tracker below on our Parkway Co-op website.